Tuesday, September 13, 2011

GROANER


Two women were sitting next to each other at a bar. After a while, one
looks at the other and says, 'I can't help but think from listening to
ye, that you're from Ireland.'

The other woman responds proudly, 'Sure, that I am!'

The first one says, 'So am I! And where in Ireland are ye from?'

The other woman responds, 'From Kilarney, I am.'

The first one responds, 'So, am I! And what twas the street that ye
lived on?'

The other woman says, 'Ah, twas a lovely street in a wee part of town,
Warbury Street they called it.'

The first one says, 'Faith begorah, sure it's a small world. I lived on
Warbury Street! So, what school did ye go to?'

The other woman answers, 'Well now, I went to Sacred Heart, of course.'

The first one growing more excited responds, 'And so did I. Tell me,
what year did ye graduate?'

The other woman answers, 'Well now, let's see, twas 1964.'

The first woman exclaims, 'Sure if the good Lord isn't smiling down upon
us! I can hardly believe the luck at winding up in the same pub tonight.
I graduated from Sacred Heart in 1964 me self!'

About this time, Michael walks into the bar, sits on a barstool, and
orders a pint.

Timothy, the bartender, draws the stout shaking his head, 'Oh, if it's
not going to be a long night tonight.'

'Oh, yes?' says Michael. 'Why's that?'

Timothy rolls his eyes, 'The Murphy twins are drunk again.'

No comments: