Saturday, June 16, 2012

MY STRUGGLES

  • I was born in one country, raised in another.
  • My father was born in another country.
  • I was not his only child.
  • He fathered several children with numerous women.
  • I became very close to my mother, as my father showed no interest in me.
  • My mother died at an early age from cancer.
  • Although my father deserted me and my mother raised me, I later wrote a book idolizing my father not my mother.
  • Later in life, questions arose over my real name.
  • My birth records were sketchy.
  • No one was able to produce a legitimate, reliable birth certificate.
  • I grew up practicing one faith but converted to Christianity, as it was widely accepted in my new country, but I practiced non-traditional beliefs and didn't follow Christianity, except in the public eye under scrutiny.
  • I worked and lived among lower-class people as a young adult, disguising myself as someone who really cared about them.
  • That was before I decided it was time to get serious about my life and embarked on a new career.
  • I wrote a book about my struggles growing up.
  • It was clear to those who read my memoirs, that I had difficulties accepting that my father abandoned me as a child.
  • I became active in local politics in my 30's then, with help behind the scenes, I literally burst onto the scene as a candidate for national office in my 40s.
  • They said I had a golden tongue and could talk anyone into anything.
  • I had a virtually non-existent resume, little work history, and no experience in leading a single organization.
  • Yet I was a powerful speaker and citizens were drawn to me, as though I were a magnet and they were small roofing tacks.
  • I drew incredibly large crowds during my public appearances.
  • This bolstered my ego.
  • At first, my political campaign focused on my country's foreign policy.
  • I was very critical of my country in the last war, and seized every opportunity to bash my country.
  • But what launched my rise to national prominence were my views on the country's economy.
  • I pretended to have a really good plan on how we could do better, and every poor person would be fed and housed for free.
  • I knew which group was responsible for getting us into this mess.
  • It was the free market, banks and corporations.
  • I decided to start making citizens hate them and, if they became envious of others who did well, the plan was clinched tight.
  • I called mine "A People's Campaign".
  • That sounded good to all people.
  • I was the surprise candidate because I emerged from outside the traditional path of politics and was able to gain widespread popular support.
  • I knew that, if I merely offered the people 'hope', together we could change our country and the world.
  • So, I started to make my speeches sound like they were on behalf of the downtrodden, poor, ignorant to include "persecuted minorities".
  • My true views were not widely known and I kept them unknown, until after I became my nation's leader.
  • I had to carefully guard reality, as anybody could have easily found out what I really believed, if they had simply read my writings and  examined those people I associated with. I'm glad they didn't. 
  • Then I became the most powerful man in the world.
  • And then the world learned the truth.
Who am I?    Answer:  ADOLPH HITLER

If you were thinking of SOMEONE ELSE, you should be scared, very scared!

No comments: